Nothing says comfort food like noodles and chicken in a creamy parmesan sauce. Let's show grandma some love. (GF, DF, soy free, nut free, egg free)
Making Chicken Parmesan Casserole
Classic chicken parmesan casserole typically uses breaded chicken, marinara and noodles. Not this casserole! This casserole has a creamy sauce embedded among noodles and chicken! That's it!
This has been a classic recipe on our website for years! It makes about 12 servings and I've served it at a variety of events and functions including:
- Group events
- Family events
- Weeknight meal for the family
- New baby or sick meals
- New neighbor meals
The ingredient list is so simple for this meal! All you need is:
- Fettucine or spaghetti noodles
- Cooked, diced chicken
- Chicken broth
- Whipping cream
- Parmesan cheese
It's very simple to make this casserole gluten or dairy free!
- Fettucine or spaghetti noodles: Substitute your favorite gluten free noodles!
- Whipping cream: I substitute Silk non dairy whipping cream.
- Parmesan cheese: You can substitute dairy free parmesan cheese.
- Butter: Feel free to substitute your favorite non dairy butter
- Flour: Substitute arrowroot powder, cornstarch or use a gluten free flour
If you're all about giving grandma's casseroles a little more love, I found you some other fantastic casseroles to try!
Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- 13 oz uncooked fettucine or spaghetti noodles
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup flour
- 1-2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3-4 cups cooked, diced chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and seasonings. Cook over low heat stirring constantly until the mixture becomes smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in broth and cream. Return to heat, turn heat up to medium and continue stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Boil for one minute. Turn heat off, stir in chicken and noodles.Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 9x13 or 11x14 inch pan. Sprinkle parmesan cheese evenly over the top of the casserole. Bake casserole at 350 degrees for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until the center is bubbly and cheese on the top is lightly browned. Fast option: If the casserole is still warm, I'll just put the casserole under the broiler for a couple of minutes until the cheese on top is browned.
- Noodles: can substitute gluten free fettucine or spaghetti noodles
- Butter: can substitute dairy free butter
- Heavy Whipping Cream: you can use dairy free whipping cream
- Flour: You can substitute arrowroot powder, cornstarch or gluten free flour.
- Parmesan cheese: You can substitute dairy free parmesan cheese
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own. Post contains affiliate links.