Fan of the famous meatballs? Make them at home now with just a few simple ingredients and minutes of your time! Best part? If you have a gluten or dairy allergy or intolerance you don't have to worry about your stomach grumbling as you smell them from the IKEA cafeteria...you can make them at home too with our gluten free and dairy free option! (Gluten free option, dairy free option, nut free, soy free, egg free option)
Swedish Meatball Ingredients
Grab four ingredients and you're set to go!
- Sour Cream
- Gravy (Beef is highly recommended, turkey would be second recommended)
How Do I Make It Gluten or Dairy Free?
There are a few simple and easy substitutions to make this recipe gluten and/or dairy free.
- Meatballs: You can use gluten free meatballs
- Sour Cream: Feel free to use dairy free sour cream.
- Gravy: Gluten free gravy can be substituted. We recommend beef gravy but you can use turkey gravy too.
Cheater! Do You Buy or Make Your Meatballs?
Honestly, it depends. Most of the time I make my meatballs from scratch but sometimes I just buy a bag of gluten free meatballs if I'm in a hurry.
If you're going to freeze this recipe, you will want to store the meatballs separate from the sauce. The sauce won't freeze well and will probably separate. Store meatballs in an airtight container. Sauce will stay fresh in an airtight container for several days.
Love Meatballs? Try These Amazing Recipes!
Copycat Gluten Free IKEA Swedish Meatballs
- 1 32 oz bag meatballs can substitute gluten free meatballs
- 1 12 oz can Heinz beef gravy can substitute gluten free gravy or turkey gravy
- 1 8 oz container sour cream can substitute dairy free
- Defrost meatballs. Microwave cook according to package directions.
- In a bowl mix together the sour cream and gravy. Heat the sour cream and gravy in a pan on low medium heat. Add the meatballs and cook together until heated through.
- Remove from stove, serve and top with parsley if desired.
Swedish meatballs taste good on a bed of egg noodles, plain or with some rolls or mashed potatoes.