This turkey egg and cheese dutch baby can easily be made for Easter morning breakfast and altered for your dietary needs.
This week has been a whirlwind of fun with lot's of things going on. Here are 10 quick pictures from the past few weeks:
10. Tried two new recovery drinks. This one from Myoplex was decent. Another one I tried I had to stop taking. I got so jittery and sick from it. But this one from Myoplex has been nice for my post runs.
9. I finally got to put away my favorite under armour heat shirt and gymshark pants. Because...
8. I got out on a run with a TANK TOP!! Spring is here, I can feel it! My favorite tanks are my Under Armour and Nike Tops. What tops do you exercise in?
7. The tank top weather was short lived because then it snowed. I may have cried when she made an angel in the snow because I had to pack away the tank top.
6. My littlest had a career day at school and wants to own her own pet business when she gets older.
5. It was Saint patrick's day this weekend and in school my littlest' class made a leprechaun trap. Here is the outside view. With stairs to catch it.
4. And the inside view. With a bed so the leprechaun can sleep.
3. She didn't catch a leprechaun but the leprechaun left her and all three kids this:
2. My boyfriend and I both got the cold of all colds from my daughter. We are so grateful to my oldest who cannot cover her mouth when coughing and got all of us sick. While kids were running all over and friends were coming in and out, my boyfriend made sure a bowl of this deliciousness was set between us and ready for hungry teenagers.
He won't tell me the secret to making it, but I do know it involves Orville Redenbacher popcorn kernels, Land O' Lakes butter, popcorn salt and a particular brand of air popper. Beyond that, I am not allowed to be involved in the process of making the popcorn. And I'm fine with that. I've taken on the role of quality assurance.
1. I also bought a new car this weekend! The kids and I did a lot of research and I'm happy for the new vehicle. Kudo's to the cute guy behind the scenes who sat in the office with me, checked out the car and took on the hardest role--anxiety control specialist. I freak out just a little when I feel like I'm signing my life away.
To celebrate, I made these turkey egg and cheese dutch babies. They are delicious! I think I'm going to make them again for Easter breakfast with our traditional cinnamon rolls.
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup unbleached all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 4 turkey bacon slices
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium low heat. Add bacon and cook until browned, about 5-6 minutes. Flip bacon every 2-3 minutes to brown on each side. Drain on a paper towel, then crumble.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Wipe the skillet, then place the butter in the skillet and then place on the center rack in the over to melt the butter and heat the skillet; While the pan is heating in the oven, make the pancake batter.
- Break three of the eggs into a blender, then place the flour, milk, salt and pepper. Blend for about 15-30 seconds. Set aside.
- Remove the skillet and swirl the butter evenly through the pan. Pour the mixture into the skillet. Bake until the pabncake is puffy and golden (approximately 10 minutes).
- While the pancake is cooking, fry the remaining 3-4 eggs in a skillet until cooked.
- Remove the dutch baby pancake from the oven and top with turkey, cheese, and egg. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply