Oops I did it again! This time I’m making Christmas dinner ready in one hour! That’s prime rib and ALL the sides! Enjoy a delicious prime rib dinner with potatoes and vegetables (gluten free, dairy free, nut free, soy free, FODMAP friendly option)
An Easy Christmas Dinner
Who loves slaving away all day in the kitchen once the presents are opened? And then to watch all your hard work get devoured in ten minutes? It's not worth it! Enjoy spending time on other things this holiday! (Like assembling all those Christmas toys! ) This is an easy Christmas dinner that takes little to no time and can be done and on the table in one hour!
For this dinner let’s grab:
- Prime rib or ribeye roast
- Baby potatoes
- Vegetables–your choice of carrots, asparagus, green beans, broccoli, brussel sprouts
When making a dinner in under an hour, the size of the meat does matter. It’s going to be very difficult to get a large roast to cook in under an hour in the oven. And baby potatoes will take less time to cook than large potatoes.
A two pound roast will typically cook in an hour. If you use prime rib steaks those will also typically cook in an hour or under. You'll want to use prime rib or ribeye if you can't readily grab prime rib.
Using baby potatoes versus large potatoes will work better. In a pinch, you can cut up russet potatoes into pieces.
There are a variety of vegetables you can use for this recipe that will cook quickly. Asparagus, green beans, carrots, broccoli, and brussell sprouts are all great choices!
Don't Forget Dessert! Search our Christmas Recipes!
Looking for MORE Under an Hour Five Ingredient Complete Meals?
- Thanksgiving Dinner in Under an Hour: Turkey, Stuffing, Vegetables
- Fourth of July Under an Hour Dinner: BBQ Ribs, Corn, Chocolate Mousse
Under An Hour Christmas Dinner Just Five Ingredients
- 2 lb prime rib roast or 4 prime rib steaks
- 2 tbsp seasoning salt
- 1 lb baby potatoes
- 4 cups fresh vegetables
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie baking sheet. Sprinkle both sides of steak with 1-2 tsp of seasoning salt per steak or 1 tbsp per roast. Arrange meat on baking sheet. Bake at 425 degrees for ten minutes, reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 40-50 minutes or until steak reaches desired temperature. Remove steaks from oven and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before carving. (See notes below).
- when the prime rib is cooking initially at the 425 temperature, toss the potatoes and vegetables in a little bit of oil and set aside. Add the potatoes when you reduce the heat for the rib. Cook for 40-45 minutes or until fork tender inside.
- Add the vegetables the last 25 minutes of baking time.
- Remove from oven and serve warm. Slice prime rib prior to serving.
We Found Some Other Under an Hour Christmas Dinners Around the Web (Not Five Ingredient Though!)
- Christmas Dinner for Two Ready in Under an Hour (The Every Girl)
- An Easy Christmas Dinner In Under an Hour: Duck, Parsnips (The Culinary Exchange)
Looking for a beef wellington for Christmas? This recipe has my mouth watering!
This recipe is perfect. I absolutely love that it is only 5 ingredients. Perfect for a simple and relaxing holiday meal.
This is just what I need for an intimate dinner with my husband before he went out to see. We both really enjoyed it!
Love this -- so easy to prep and great for those unexpected guests!
This prime rib turned out so perfectly tender and juicy. It was a hit! I added extra potatoes and we enjoyed it! Highly recommended!
This is going to make Christmas dinner sooo much easier! Thank you for giving us the time back to spend together. We are all looking forward to having this fantastic meal again.
This is ideal, not only for Christmas but for many special occasions. I scaled down the recipe to two servings and it was perfect for a date-night dinner at home. Thank you for sharing this recipe
You had me at under an hour. Can't wait to try it. Happy Holidays.
This is such a helpful post! We will be making it for Christmas!
I’m a big fan of simply seasoned, well-prepared food. This is definitely that! Thank you for the excellent dinner recipe.
I tested this dinner recipe and was blown away. Just what I need for Christmas. I can't wait to make it again!