Oops I did it again! This time I’m making Christmas dinner ready in one hour! That’s prime rib and ALL the sides! Enjoy a delicious prime rib dinner with potatoes and vegetables (gluten free, dairy free, nut free, soy free, FODMAP friendly option)
An Easy Christmas Dinner
Who loves slaving away all day in the kitchen once the presents are opened? And then to watch all your hard work get devoured in ten minutes? It's not worth it! Enjoy spending time on other things this holiday! (Like assembling all those Christmas toys! ) This is an easy Christmas dinner that takes little to no time and can be done and on the table in one hour!
For this dinner let’s grab:
- Prime rib or ribeye roast
- Baby potatoes
- Vegetables–your choice of carrots, asparagus, green beans, broccoli, brussel sprouts
When making a dinner in under an hour, the size of the meat does matter. It’s going to be very difficult to get a large roast to cook in under an hour in the oven. And baby potatoes will take less time to cook than large potatoes.
A two pound roast will typically cook in an hour. If you use prime rib steaks those will also typically cook in an hour or under. You'll want to use prime rib or ribeye if you can't readily grab prime rib.
Using baby potatoes versus large potatoes will work better. In a pinch, you can cut up russet potatoes into pieces.
There are a variety of vegetables you can use for this recipe that will cook quickly. Asparagus, green beans, carrots, broccoli, and brussell sprouts are all great choices!
Looking for MORE Under an Hour Five Ingredient Complete Meals?
- Thanksgiving Dinner in Under an Hour: Turkey, Stuffing, Vegetables
- Fourth of July Under an Hour Dinner: BBQ Ribs, Corn, Chocolate Mousse
Under An Hour Christmas Dinner Just Five Ingredients
- 2 lb prime rib roast or 4 prime rib steaks
- 2 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 lb baby potatoes
- 4 cups fresh vegetables
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie baking sheet. Sprinkle both sides of steak with 1-2 teaspoon of seasoning salt per steak or 1 tablespoon per roast. Arrange meat on baking sheet. Bake at 425 degrees for ten minutes, reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 40-50 minutes or until steak reaches desired temperature. Remove steaks from oven and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before carving. (See notes below).
- when the prime rib is cooking initially at the 425 temperature, toss the potatoes and vegetables in a little bit of oil and set aside. Add the potatoes when you reduce the heat for the rib. Cook for 40-45 minutes or until fork tender inside.
- Add the vegetables the last 25 minutes of baking time.
- Remove from oven and serve warm. Slice prime rib prior to serving.
We Found Some Other Under an Hour Christmas Dinners Around the Web (Not Five Ingredient Though!)
- Christmas Dinner for Two Ready in Under an Hour (The Every Girl)
- An Easy Christmas Dinner In Under an Hour: Duck, Parsnips (The Culinary Exchange)
Looking for a beef wellington for Christmas? This recipe has my mouth watering!