Summer parties and events are coming back into full swing. And guess what? You get to bring the appetizer! Make life easy and make some of these bacon wrapped steak and chicken bites! First we will talk about what meat to use, next we will get wrapping and baking and third...let's serve the guests! (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Nut Free, Soy Free, FODMAP)Jump to Recipe
"So, appetizers are meals you eat BEFORE you eat?"--Unknown Author
Appetizers aren't really meals but more like the snack you enjoy BEFORE the meal. Or the mini meal before the meal. A lot of times though, especially in the summer it is just HOT! I don't know about you but I don't have a big appetite in the summer when its' super hot so a few appetizers are perfect. We served our steak and chicken bites with some rice, salad and watermelon.
"People need to understand the difference between want and need. Like I want abs but I need tacos." --Making Lemonade Blog
And you need appetizers too! If you love this recipe you should check out some of our other amazing appetizers we have!
Bacon Wrapped Steak and Chicken Bites
- 2 lbs steak or chicken breast
- 1 lb bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly line a baking sheet with foil, then spray with a light layer of cooking spray.
- Soak toothpicks in water for 5-10 minutes. Prepare the bacon and meat while the toothpicks are soaking.
- Cut bacon into thirds. Cut the steak and/or chicken into one inch bite sized pieces.
- Wrap the bacon around the chicken or steak and secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired.
- Place the chicken and/or steak on the baking sheet. Cook at 400 degrees for approximately 17-23 minutes, or until meat is cooked through thouroughly. Turn broiler to high and broil for 1-2 minutes until bacon is crispy and browned.
- Remove from oven and serve.