Pumpkin spice lovers this is the recipe for you! This meal only takes five minutes to make and is faster than sitting in line for your morning Starbucks pumpkin-chino.
"Brace yourself, pumpkin spice season is here."--author unknown
Pumpkin spice season is here and we are JUST as excited as you are. Pumpkin just MAKES fall doesn't it?
Pumpkin spice is comprised of:
Pumpkin + Breakfast = Pumpkin Spice French Toast
This is a simple and EASY recipe! All you need are a few minutes, your favorite fall sweater and a few ingredients including:
You can use sliced french or sourdough bread, gluten free bread, or thick sliced bread.
Feel free to substitute white sugar in a pinch, but the taste of brown sugar in this recipe is a-m-a-z-i-n-g.
Yes, you can use cinnamon in a pinch, but we HIGHLY recommend pumpkin spice.
One of the most important ingredients in french toast, you can also make an eggless french toast version if you have egg allergies.
You can use milk if you want or your favorite dairy free milk. We used dairy free pumpkin spice creamer and it was amazing!
we've got LOT'S of extras pumpkin spice lovers!
Got your sweater and pumpkin-chino in hand? Let's curl up and add some more recipes to your pumpkin spice collection!
Five Minute Pumpkin Spice French Toast
- 8 whole slices, toast sourdough, french bread slices, gluten free bread
- 8 tsp pumpkin puree
- 8 tsp brown sugar
- 4 whole eggs
- ½ cup milk can substitute pumpkin spice creamer or dairy free milk
- pumpkin pie spice
- Heat griddle or pan to medium heat. In a bowl, stir together the milk and egg mixture. Place the bread on the griddle or on your stovetop pan.
- Allow bread to cook for approximately two and a half minutes on one side, or until egg mixture is cooked and bread is lightly browned. While the bottom side of your bread is cooking, spoon 1 teaspoon of pumpkin puree over the top of the bread. Sprinkle one teaspoon of brown sugar and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice on top of the bread.
- Flip bread and cook an additional two to two and a half minutes on the other side, or until the egg mixture is cooked and the bread is lightly browned.
- Remove, serve french toast warm drizzled with maple syrup or with powdered sugar sprinkled on top.