Valentine's Day is a time for love, romance, and...snacks? Absolutely! While fancy dinners and chocolates are classic choices, there's something undeniably charming about a homemade Valentine snack mix that says "I love you" in every crunch.
This Valentine Snack mix has a nice sweetness to it with a subtle vanilla taste. For this recipe you will need:
- Vanilla chex mix or rice chex mix
- Valentine colored M&M's
Making Valentine Snack Mix
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, ensuring everything is evenly distributed.
- Get creative with the add-ins! Feel free to substitute or add other Valentine's Day-themed ingredients like cinnamon hearts, pink-frosted animal crackers, dried cranberries or cherry's, pretzels, white chocolate chips, popcorn, marshmallows or dried strawberries.
- Don't overmix! Excessive mixing can crush the delicate ingredients and make the snack mix tough.
- Store the mix in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
This recipe is naturally gluten free. You can make it dairy free and vegan by using dairy free chocolate chips. You should also try some gluten free Valentine's shortbread cookies or an easy mug cake. Don't forget your pampered pooch--we have some delicious dog truffles too!
This recipe can be stored in an airtight container for up to one month.
Yes, this snack mix is already gluten free.
Absolutely, just use dairy free chocolate chips.
Yes! This mix is perfect for kids and adults alike. Its playful ingredients and festive appearance are sure to be a hit with everyone.
Yes! You can make the mix up to a day in advance and store it in an airtight container
If you love this snack mix try our Chocolate Valentine's Trail mix!
Valentine Snack Mix
- mixing bowl
- 1 12.2 ounce box vanilla chex mix
- 1 10 ounce bag M&M's
- 1 bag of white chocolate chips optional
- In a bowl, mix together the chex mix and M&M's.
- Melt and drizzle white chocolate over the top of the mix if desired. Toss to coat if desired.