This easy ravioli bake is a casserole-style dish featuring layers of cheese-filled ravioli, savory marinara sauce and melted cheese. The dish is made with minimal ingredients for an affordable meal. It can also be easily adapted for food allergies and intolerances too!
5-Ingredient Easy Ravioli Bake
- 1 13x9 inch pan
- 1 package 24-30 oz of cheese-filled ravioli
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound cooked ground beef
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a greased baking dish, spread a thin layer of marinara sauce.
- Arrange a layer of uncooked ravioli over the sauce.
- Add a layer of marinara sauce over the ravioli and sprinkle with half of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat with another layer of ravioli, the meat, sauce, and the remaining cheese.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the foil the last 5-10 minutes of baking time. Bake until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
What Makes this An Easy Ravioli Bake?
A ravioli bake is a casserole-style dish that features layers of cheese-filled ravioli, savory marinara sauce, melted cheese, and sometimes additional ingredients like ground beef, vegetables, or herbs. The dish is then assembled and baked in the oven until the ravioli is tender and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
The ingredient list for this recipe is so simple! All you need is:
- Cheese ravioli
- Marinara sauce
- Mozzarella sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- Ground beef
Making this recipe is also super easy! Here's what you'll need to do:
Step 1: Prep
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly grease a baking dish, then spread a thin layer of marinara sauce at the bottom of the dish.
Step 2: Layer your Ingredients
On top of the sauce, arrange a layer of the cheese ravioli. Add another layer of sauce on top of the ravioli. sprinkle with half of the cheeses. Top with the meat and another layer of ravioli. Finish by topping with ravioli sauce and the remaining cheeses.
Step 3: Baking your easy ravioli bake
Cover the dish completely with foil. Place the dish in your preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove the foil the last 5-10 minutes of baking time. Remove the casserole when the cheese is bubbly and slightly browned. Allow the casserole to cool for several minutes before serving.
Substitutions for Food Allergies
I understand that some of your might need to adjust this recipe depending on your food allergies or intolerances. I'll often use gluten free ravioli when making this for my family because of my colitis.
- Gluten free: Use gluten free ravioli
- Dairy free: Use dairy free ravioli and dairy free cheeses.
- Vegan: Use vegan ravioli and dairy free cheese.
Variations on this Dish
- Meat Variation: Browned ground beef, sausage, or turkey can be added between the layers for a heartier dish.
- Vegetarian Twist: Sautéed mushrooms, spinach, or zucchini can be included for a veggie-packed alternative.
- Herb Infusion: Fresh basil, oregano, or thyme can be sprinkled between the layers for added fragrance and taste.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! Frozen ravioli works perfectly in this recipe. Just ensure they're not overcooked during the baking process.
To avoid mushy ravioli, ensure the dish is covered with foil for the first half of the baking time. This helps the pasta cook better.
Yes, you can assemble the dish ahead of time and refrigerate it, covered, for up to a day. Then, bake it when ready to serve.
This easy ravioli bake is a versatile, comforting meal that brings together the richness of Italian flavors and the ease of a casserole-style dish. Whether it's a casual family dinner or a gathering with friends, this recipe is sure to please everyone around the table. Embrace the simplicity and deliciousness of this easy-to-make ravioli bake.
If you love this meal, try some of our other delicious ravioli meals including our fall inspired ravioli with apple chicken sausage. Or try elevating your ravioli by making an incredible toasted ravioli snack!