If you're looking for a comforting and satisfying meal that's easy to make, look no further than gluten free chicken cordon bleu casserole. This classic dish takes all the delicious flavors of chicken cordon bleu and transforms them into a hearty, baked casserole that's perfect for a family dinner or a cozy night in. (gluten free, dairy free, FODMAP, egg free)Jump to Recipe
Ingredients for Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
To make this casserole, you'll need a few key ingredients: chicken breast, ham, Swiss cheese, cream of chicken soup, and stuffing mix.
First, you'll layer the chicken, ham, and cheese in a baking dish and top it with a mixture of cream of chicken soup and stuffing mix. After, you'll bake it in the oven until it's golden brown and bubbly.
An Easy, Versatile Recipe
One of the great things about this chicken casserole is that it's incredibly versatile. You can add different ingredients to the recipe to make it your own. For example, you could add some cooked bacon to the casserole for a smoky flavor, or you could add some chopped broccoli to sneak in some veggies. You could even swap out the ham for prosciutto or turkey, or use cheddar cheese instead of Swiss.
Making It Dairy Free and / or Gluten Free
You can make this recipe gluten free by using gluten free stuffing. The recipe can be made dairy free by using dairy free soup and cheese.
*Contains affiliate linksDairy Free Swiss Cheese
Condensed Cream of Chicken SoupGluten Free Stuffing
Another benefit of this dish is that it's a great way to use up leftovers. If you have leftover chicken or ham in the fridge, you can easily turn them into a delicious casserole that everyone will love. Plus, you can make a big batch of this casserole and freeze the leftovers for a quick and easy meal later on.
When it comes to serving gluten free chicken cordon bleu, there are a few options. You could serve it on its own as a main dish, or you could pair it with a side salad or some roasted vegetables for a more balanced meal. It also makes a great potluck dish or party food, as it's easy to transport and can be reheated quickly.
Let's Get You Some Other Great Chicken Recipes to Try!
- South Carolina Chicken Southern Cuisine
- FODMAP Maple Mustard Chicken
- Balsamic Garlic Basil Chicken
- Chicken Mediterranean Recipe
- Gluten Free Broccoli Chicken Alfredo
Five Ingredient Gluten Free Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- 6 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 whole slices swiss cheese
- 6 whole slices deli ham
- 1 10 ¾ oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 8 oz box stuffing mix prepared
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- Arrange chicken pieces in dish. Place one piece of ham and one piece of cheese on top of each chicken piece.
- Spoon chicken soup mixture evenly over each piece of chicken.
- Sprinkle stuffing mix evenly over the top of the chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for 45-50 minutes or until chicken reaches a consistent internal temperature and topping is nice and golden brown.
This was truly so easy but so flavorful! I loved how hearty and savory it was. Yum!
This was so simple to make and full of flavor. It was the perfect comfort meal for a cold winter night!
It's amazing how simple this recipe was - my husband loved it!!
Super simple dinner we all loved!
This is so tasty! I love that there's just a handful of ingredients. I prepped it before work then popped it into the oven when I got home. Delish!