*GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED AND WINNER HAS BEEN NOTIFIED*
Love this recipe? Try our creamy white chicken chili chowder. It is a great recipe for cool fall and winter nights too!
The weather is cooling down and the recipes begin to heat up. I find this time of year that simple slow cooker meals are the way to go. This slow cooker wicked white chicken chili from the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook tastes great when topped with some tortilla strips and cheese.
And best of all, I just stuck it in the slow cooker and let the chicken chili simmer all day long. The house smelled amazing when I got home and the soup was just as delicious!
The recipe comes courtesy of the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook. The cookbook includes over 350 recipes made with simple, healthy ingredients. It gives readers a unique way to lose weight and get healthy by eliminating sugar while still eating hearty, delicious food. This plan is for anyone, from those who love to cook from scratch with the purest ingredients, to those who can barely boil water. It’s not just for crunchy, health food types, and you don’t have to be an exercise fanatic to make this work.
We tried twenty five different recipes in this book and are going to give away a copy to our readers with a personal note from our family on our top 10 favorite recipes. Everytime I get a recipe book to try I usually have a ton of recipes earmarked and then get overwhelmed on which recipe to try first. We'll help you get started!
If you are wanting to find out more about the Trim Healthy Mama Plan and the Trim Healthy Mama Plan Cookbook, the books can be purchased from Amazon or major retailers where books are sold.
- 2 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 (15 oz) cans great norther white beans, rinsed and drained.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (10oz) cans Rotel tomatoes and chilies
- 1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ cup blend of diced onion, bell pepper and/or celery
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels or 1 (14oz) can canned corn, drained
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup nonfat plain greek yogurt (optional)
- Lightly grease the inside of your slow cooker
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the crockpot. Pour two cups (or ½) of the beans into the slow cooker.
- In a blender, place the remaining two cups (or half of the beans). Blend unti smooth, then pour into the slow cooker.
- Add all of the other ingredients into the slow cooker, stir, then cover.
- Cook on low heat 6-8 hours or on high for 5-6 hours.
- Before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return it back to the slow cooker and stir.
- Serve with sour cream, tortilla strips, avocado, and cheese if desired.
I received this product for free from the sponsor of the Moms Meet program, May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agree to use this product and post my opinion on my blog. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC or the manufacturer of this product.
Leave a Reply